Basix PVC Wall and Ceiling panelling is fire Rating tested to BS EN 13501-1:2007 achieving an F.R classification of C, s3, d0
Basix PVC Installation Accessories
H-Joint & Decor Strip
Adhesive and Silicone Sealant
Basix PVC Accessories Product Dimensions
Care & Maintenance Guidance
Basix PVC is more hygienic and easier to maintain than tiles. The non-porous surface provides excellent protection against bacteria and stains.
Once installed, your Basix PVC Panels require only occasional ongoing maintenance. The panels should be cleaned using Basix PVC Antibacterial Cleaner which is available via your Basix PVC supplier. Do not use any abrasive scourers, abrasive agents or bleaches of any kind to clean this product.
Basix PVC panels have an element of resistance to both artificial and natural Ultraviolet light however the panels are not ultimately Ultra Violet light stable and therefore fading of panels may occur over time where the panels are subject to direct sunlight. To avoid and minimize this effect occurring it is recommended that curtains or blinds are used during periods of prolonged or intense sunlight.
Care & Maintenance. – Do`s and Don’t`s
Correct care & maintenance is very important to the on going performance of the Basix PVC system.
– Use the recommended Anti Bacterial Basix Superclean cleaner regularly as the product has been tested with, and is ideally suited to cleaning, Basix PVC panels and has the benefit of an antibacterial agent to kill germs.
– Replace the recommended silicone sealant around all panel edges periodically, or as necessary where normal degrade or discolouration occurs, to ensure a continuous waterproof seal at all panel edges is achieved at all times. A silicone remover product is available to assist with this normal maintenance procedure.
– Rinse your Basix PVC panels down after use as a multitude of various chemicals can be present within personal hygiene, hair dyes, and shampoo products and by rinsing these away it avoids issues such as discolouration of sealants etc.
– Ensure adequate ventilation is present when using your shower or bath to avoid mould and mildew growth occurring.
– Take care to avoid banging and hard objects against your Basix panelling as the product is a relatively thin cellular structure product and damage could result.
– Ensure that any mechanical fixings, such as screws, used to secure items to the panelling are located into the substrate or battens behind the panelling itself so as to ensure a suitably strong hold. As Basix PVC is a thin hollow cellular structure material it is not designed to hold any fixings directly to it.
– Use any form of abrasive cleaner as these types of cleaners may result in dulling of your panel surface and accelerated wear affects.
– Use any form of bleach product to clean your Basix PVC panels as chemicals contained in bleaches can be very harsh and again could affect the surface of your panel and sealant.